Transforming maternity services is not an easy feat, as it involves whole of system re-design, a shake-up of roles, responsibilities, structures and desired health outcomes.
We are focused on getting it right for the most vulnerable in our community. Using a human rights-based approach, we use a social model of health to promote equity, diversity, and inclusion in everything we do.
As a Collaborative, we are working together to:
- Generate and translate evidence about the benefits of continuity of midwifery care to enable universal access to this maternity model.
- Create and foster partnerships of a significant scope and reach to implement maternity system reform.
- Influence policy makers, regulators, legislators, educators and service providers to strengthen the maternity care system.
- Partner with community-level agencies and groups to authentically co-create strategies and resources to implement woman-centred care in their own communities and practice settings.
- Showcase successful and sustainable exemplars of maternity service reform.